Interconnect onto the Horizon network for low-bandwidth VoIP
The Horizon VoIP Switch enables you to interconnect existing telephony systems onto the Horizon network to take advantage of more bandwidth-efficient VoIP based on SmartPacket™ technology.
This standard 1U high 19-inch rack-mountable server supports up to 240 simultaneous inbound/outbound calls via 1, 2, 4 or 8 T1/E1 interfaces. It can be configured in one of two ways: PRI-Gateway mode or PRI-PSTN mode.
- Interconnects any digital phone system onto the Horizon network – leveraging existing network investments while saving costs on low-bandwidth VoIP.
- Enables calls between digital phones and Horizon phones.
- For least-cost routing to terminate calls on the PSTN – particularly suited to scenarios where there is a high volume of calls going to one country.
- Enables calls from Horizon phones or digital phones to the PSTN.
- Enables calls from the PSTN to Horizon phones or digital phones (via two-stage dialling or a Direct Inward Dialling service).